Charpak – Exchange Program (Spring Session)
Spring Session (January – May 2019)
This program is designed for exchange students from all the streams and fields of study, enrolled in an Indian institution for a period of one to four months (duration of an academic semester) at the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree level.
The Charpak Exchange Program offers Charpak AME Scholarship (Allocation Mensuelle d’Entretien) with the following benefits to scholarship awardees based on merit:
- Living allowance 615 euros
- Medical insurance coverage (approx 300 euros / academic year)
- Student visa fee waiver (16,500 INR approx)
- Assistance to find affordable student accommodation
Note: The exchange program only covers 4 months of scholarship between January to May.
Call for Applications is now open!
- be an Indian national and reside in India
- be not more than be 30 years old maximum at the time of application
- be currently enrolled at an Indian institution of higher learning that has a tie-up with the French Institution where the applicant will pursue an exchange semester. Please note that it is mandatory.
Note: Final semester project and laboratory research in a partner institute in France is not applicable
Your application will be selected on the basis of your academic excellence, as well as the consistency and quality of your statement of purpose. There is no CGPA / percentage cut-off for the scholarship. Knowledge of French will be an asset but is not mandatory.
How to apply: ONLINE ONLY
STEP 1: Create an account
Sign up and create an account on the French Scholarship online portal using your email address and passwordhttp://scholarship.ifindia.in/scholarship/
STEP 2: Complete the Scholarship Application
Read the scholarship application, fill each section carefully and attach required documents.
Required documents include:
- Scanned copy of the first page and last page of your passport (with photo and expiry date). If you will be getting your passport after the deadline, please attach passport application proof.
- Full Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- Scanned copy of the admission/acceptance letter from the French higher education institution. If you have not received it before the deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that you are in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them.
- Attested (by a gazette officer or the Head of the institute where you studied/are studying) scanned copies of mark sheets of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees (including those of completed semesters of the ongoing degree)
- French language certificate if any (from Alliance Française in India or any recognised university or Xth marks card if French was your second language)
- NOC from the Indian institution.
- XII Marksheet and degree
- University Marksheet and degree (Upload your Mark Sheets of your current program i.e. your Semester Mark Sheets and for Students pursuing Master’s, upload your Bachelor’s Degree and Mark Sheets as well)
- Document of employment / internship record.
- Recommendation letter from the university (not mandatory)
All the above documents must be in word, pdf or jpeg format (rtf, odt, txt, msg documents, zip folders or scans of social media are NOT acceptable).
Applications submitted without required documents, or incorrect documents, will be rejected.
Please Note: Your statement of purpose is the reflection of your own thoughts. It should explain why you chose the French institution to which you have applied or been admitted, as well as how would the exchange program add value in your further studies or in launching your career. Explain why you would be a worthy candidate for the scholarship. Your response to each question for your statement of purpose should not exceed 250 words.
STEP 3: Submit
Make sure to save or submit your application. If you are not able to complete the application, you may click save and return later to finish your application
Application Start date: Saturday, 01 September 2018
Application End date: Tuesday, 05 November 2018
Awardees of the scholarship will be contacted via email; the results can also be seen at http://www.inde.campusfrance.org/en/page/charpak
If you have questions regarding the Charpak scholarship program, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
Please note that no reason will be given for rejection of an application. The French Embassy is not obliged to respond to candidates whose applications are incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.